Sunday, August 23, 2009

Working in a car manufacturing company

Hehe, this is actually a good fun! So as I mentioned the sector of Mahindra I am working for is a car manufacturing company and so far they have been doing a good job in making me a true fan of their Scorpio! Traveling around different locations I will always manage to find some good people who will send a company's vehicle to pick me up or drop me home! The managers I was interviewing used to call their drivers to drive me in the plant itself, from one office to another! My colleagues say it is not like this when they need a car... but I can always make one of my lost (white!) faces saying "I am not sure where I am supposed to go" so they will offer me a lift before I really ask for it:)

Surprise number 13

If you have reach a certain level of the hierarchy in the company you are usually given a company car.Well, even in Poland managers are getting one but somehow in India you will usually get it together with a driver! So you don't really have to bother about driving, getting stressed about traffic, etc. Actually, the concept of drivers is pretty popular here. Some of my friends will just call a driver once we are going out clubbing & partying. So that everyone can just enjoy and have a good time:)

2 comments:

  1. Kochana Eluniu,pozdrawiam,chociaz nie rozumiem o czym piszesz, zapytam Piotra, może przetłumaczy, pozdrawiamy, ściskamy i wspominamy, pamietaj, że reprezentujesz Polskę,Nie daj sie zjeść z ryżem, bądź twarda i stanowcza, to ja w.Romek.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess u can call your driver Harshad now..

    ReplyDelete