Friday, August 28, 2009

Such moments...

There are some moments in your life that opens a new chapter, like 18th birthday, your wedding, moving out from your parents’ house, etc. In India you tend to celebrate much smaller events which somehow bring you one step forward. You can’t imagine how happy I was after getting my SIM card (2 weeks of waiting!). You can get one of these within 5 minutes, paying some 5 PLN in Poland but getting one here was like a huge thing, I had to submit a few different documents, my pictures, etc… together with this SIM card however I got my safety, independence and freedom. I could start traveling on my own, not being worried about what will happen if the driver doesn’t know the way. I could just easily call someone then and ask them to explain the way in Hindi. Also, I could finally set meetings, go out on my own, being in touch with my friends all the time! Big thing! And now, after almost 2 months in India I got my bank account opened! Another operation that took me maximum 20 minutes in Alior Bank in Warsaw was being processed here for so long! And I can’t even name all the documents they needed me to submit. When I finally got my ATM card and all the documentation my bank assistant came to congratulate me on the same!!! Can you imagine?! Again, this account and this card mean so much, they again mean independence and freedom to manage your own expenses on your own! Good feeling, finally I will go and do some shopping!!


1 comment:

  1. To rzeczywiście mega długo jakoś! Moje konto już praktycznie otwarte :)
    P.S. Właśnie wróciłam z Varanasi - wybierz się KONIECZNIE. Brak słów by to wszystko opisać.
    Buziak

    ReplyDelete