Monday, July 13, 2009

Animals

Everybody knows I am not a big fan of them. Everybody is surprised: “you come from a village and you don’t like animals?” but that’s the truth. However I don’t mind it when people have one of these sweet puppies or cute kittens – I don’t want to hug them or kiss them but I don’t mind. Animals I am meeting here have however nothing in common with the above mentioned.

Frequently Met Animals (FMA)

  • Dogs: There are so many of them in this city. Most of them are homeless, dirty and hungry. They just walk on the streets, looking for some garbagge left so as they can eat something. They look scary sometimes, so I avoid standing on their way.
  • Rats: Well, yes. Before coming here I haven’t seen a rat on the street for my entire life. Really, I just realized it. Bombay has already noticed this lack in my education concerning animals and decided to show me some of these. As a result I am meeting them on my way quite often, dead or alive.
  • Lizzards: Believe it or not I have just found out there are 2 or 3 of them living in our flat. They are good neighbours, don’t make much noise, can be however annoying when they start running in your room :)
  • Cows: I am mentioning them as the last ones on my list as surprisingly I haven’t seen so many of them yet. I was told they are walking everywhere, I have met a few so far, only in certain areas of the city so I don’t think they cause a big problem.

2 comments:

  1. In Yogyakarta I saw a rat in McDonald's! O_o

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol!!! :)
    i have lately seen a mouse on the 20th floor of a new block of flats in the posh area of bombay!
    lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete