Friday, July 10, 2009

Sunday, the 2nd day in Bombay

Sunday morning Jacqso woke me up at 9 a.m. as one of the trainees was having birthday and we were supposed to meet her and the rest of the people and go bowling. Of course when we reached the place nobody was there, we waited for another hour to find out that the bowling place was closedJ when people finally came we went to a nice sheesha place. Trainees’ community in Mumbai is pretty big (there must be some 30-40 people) and most of them came, so it was good to meet them all on my 2nd day.

Afterwards I went to the MC house and met the MC guys! It was good to see Kamal again!!! We went together to the town (this is how they call one of the districts here). In order to get there we had to take a local train which was actually a good adventure! These of you who know me a bit better know that I don’t mind being in the centre of attention and I generally seek for it in most of the cases (is it ‘cause I’m cool?;) but I am still laughing when I see small kids asking their mothers whether they can touch me :) Good fun, I’m feeling like a pop star or at least like “Idol” winner ;)

After spending some 40 minutes in the train, being touched by some 10 kids and being stared at by some hundreds of people we got down on the station in the town! If you know the Pussycats dolls’ song “Jai Ho” and you have seen the clip at least once you will recognize the place ;)


During my preparation for India trip I was reading different books about the country and Mumbai itself. One of them was a super cool book Gregory David Roberts, ”Shantaram (I strongly recommend the book btw!) It is the story of an Australian who comes to Bombay and gets involved in local mafia’s activities. Imagine how happy I was getting to see the places he describes in details in the book like: Leopld cafĂ© or Taj Mahal hotel. Taj Mahal is btw the one which experienced the famous bomb - blast some time ago.

Taking a taxi back home from there was again an adventure as neither a driver nor me knew the place I was staying! Good fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment