Monday, July 13, 2009

Indian ways of decreasing the unemployment rate

Surprise number 8

There are jobs in this country which I would have never considered relevant enough to actually call them proper jobs. Two examples I want to mention are: “a door-opener” and “a tea-bringer” (chai wala?) - names created by me. Going to all the public places in Bombay you will always meet these people who are standing in front of the door just to open it for you. I know we also have them in some more expensive hotels in Europe but I haven’t expected to meet any of these at KFC or at supermarket!

Talking about “tea – bringers” they are among my favourites. There are 3 or 4 of them at our office so I managed to observe some of their behaviours already. They are all very nice and extremely shy, so when I smile at them or say hello they will be all blushing, not even daring to look into my eyes. But they really want to make you feel good and comfortable at the office and know already that I drink tea without milk so bring me a cup of it every morning :)

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I would love to see a 'tea-bringer' in our MC office :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. dont u remember that they guy from slumdog was having such role :>?/ cebula

    ReplyDelete
  3. of course i remember chai walla! but was never thinking i will have my own one ;)

    ReplyDelete