Monday, July 20, 2009

Local trains part 2!

I have just experienced my second travel by the local train and I enjoyed it soooo much!! Honnestly!
I went to the final station, Churchgate. As we were leaving Andherii at about 9 we took the first class and travelled in the ladies' compartment not to suffer so much due to the rush hours:)

On the way back, when I was travelling on my own (really!) and the traffic was not that bad I took the 2nd class. And so it started! This compartment was like heaven for ladies there! Once the train started the party began!

All the women travelling in this compartment were accompanied by several traders who were selling practically anything a woman might need. I am not even mentioning regular things you can get in trains like food or water. One could honnestly dress up for a party there! So there were nail polishes - different colors and brands, the whole choice of jewellery - earings, bangles, bracelets, necklaces, rings, even clothes and removable tatoos! It was really difficult not to buy anything and even by looking at all these things I was enjoying myself very much. Obviously most of them were so kitschy that I would never wear them ;) But all in all it was a good fun and I didn't even notice when I reached my station and was smoothly pushed out from the train by the crowd behind me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment