Friday, July 10, 2009

Monday, the 1st day at work

I woke up very excited , awaiting my first day at work. For these of you who didn’t know I got an MT internship in HR at Mahindra&Mahindra Ltd. Automotive Sector. The company which is among top companies in India is not known that well on the European market so if you want to know more about it, visit www.mahindra.com. Their core activity is cars’ production, especially Jeeps and pick ups.

Anyways, they are just amazing! They welcomed me with a flower, I have my personal buddy, Nirmala who is just the most supportive and sweet person I have ever met in my life, helping me out with everything, introducing to everybody, taking care of me like an older sister! Everyone is really nice to me, wants to meet me and asks if I need anything. Really, a great place. Rarely can you meet people who are so devoted to what they are doing, trully loving their company and aligning their personal values with the corporate ones. They even have their “Promise 2010” which is hanging everywhere in the offie and making me feel like in AIESEC with its 2010 visionJ They are simply proud to be the part of Mahindra family! The company is on one hand very traditional, people wear traditional Indian clothes, they value relationships but on the other hand are very innovative in their approach towards what they are doing!

I was not expecting myself to pay this big attention to the corporate culture but I am starting to think now that after spending 4 years in a volountary organization I will not be able to work with people who are not sharing a passion towards what they are doing…Interesting discovery…

No comments:

Post a Comment